Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Cappucci Campaign Statement

By Matthew Cappucci, contributor


Sophomore Representative: Matt Cappucci


In the past, I have had extensive leadership positions that would undoubtingly make me an invaluable asset for the Sturgis Team. This leadership assisted me in multiple student council events in my previous school, and will continue to aid me in the future.
An ideal candidate would be skilled at organizing events, a quality that I possess. If elected, I would plan on bringing quite a few of my creative ideas to the table. Some of these ideas include the following:
  1. End of the year fun- I find it somewhat depressing that our stress levels increase until the end of the year, and then- that’s it. If elected, I would be sure to help coordinate some type of event that will be a fun start to the summer of 2013, just after finals are over.
  2. If elected, I would try (keyword try) to convince more of the teachers to take us to Ben and Jerry’s on the Free Ice Cream Day.
  3. During Mid Terms, everyone in the grade will be guaranteed a complimentary candy cane- they increase test scores by 2%!

I am also a very fun and promising candidate. As previously mentioned, I know how to plan a fun event that involves creativity as well.

Furthermore, I have had past involvement with charitable organizations. I have helped to raise $12,000 in some large-scale events, proving that I could organize some fun and effective events for Sturgis. I hope that some of these events may inspire similar fundraisers to pop up here at Sturgis to fund our student council, field trips, and fun things to do. Sturgis is a place of academic demand... we can be #15 in the nation, and have fun too! Just mark the right candidate... voting for me will ultimately be advantageous to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment